Bliss Essences

the journey to unveiling all my innermost longings and passions of quest , thoughts and reflections on the full depth of life and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ who is the true knowledge of God! - John 17 : 3
- Apostle Dr. Patrice Yehuda

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

I AM IGBO AND IGBO I AM!

I AM IGBO AND IGBO I AM!

I am proudly Igbo. I love my people with an undying passion. Some years ago I was introduced to a pastor and his surname was Obi so I felt so good and started to speak with him in Igbo but he immediately told me that he is from Rivers and he is not an Igbo. I got the shock of my life and reminded him that his first and last names were Igbo but he vehemently protested I must not speak with him though he was understanding me. What an 'efulefu' and what stupidity, ignorance and foolish pride when you have lost your identity because of the manipulative designs of a wicked Oligarchy controlled state whose aim of divide and debriefing of his identity was achieved.  The product of that today is one Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi. Shame on any man whose identity is ever stolen.  The Jews in spite of all  worldly and satanic castigations still prides himself a Jew and Jewish in all his ways refusing to be brainwashed into accepting another identity.  He is American Jew, Russian Jew, French Jew, Italian Jew, Canadian Jew and so on and so forth. When will an Igbo declare himself an American Igbo, British Igbo, South African Igbo, Canadian Igbo, Australian Igbo, Dutch Igbo and so on and so forth.  Did I not hear one Olusegun Obasanjo as the President of Nigeria tell the whole world on national television that he is first a Yoruba man before a Nigerian. Today one Muhammadu Buhari by all words and actions is telling you and the whole world that he is first a Hausa/Fulani  before being any other thing Nigerian
Ndigbo must we not become Ndigbo first before we become Nigerians? Is this not our problem trying to be Nigerians first and even forgetting our heritage and who God made us to be first and foremost? This is the first counsel.  This is the first order.  Do I not feel pain when I hear the likes of one Mr. Joe Igbokwe as if Igbo and Igbo race are the last order in his mind? Our elders eyes are growing weak and their voices are fading. Who shall speak for us and for the generations coming behind? This is our time. This is our generation.  We can not lose our identity, NEVER! Our identity as Ndigbo is first and primary before any identity.  We are a special people irrespective if the Nigerian nation have devalued or used the media to demonize and label us. No one or group can define us or our identity more than our Creator. When the Creator divided tongues and tribes, He carved us out as Ndigbos and gave us our language and uniqueness.
So hear me now and hear me clearly. I do not carry the mantle in vain without knowledge.
I am an igbo and proudly so. If there had been a second chance at life again I would still say Lord make me "Onye Igbo". A man robbed of his identity is a man robbed of his destiny! Must we not start developing ala Igbo first before any other place whatsoever? Whether good or bad Ala Igbo is our heritage and will be our first and last place!
Ndigbo bilie nu na ura!
Shi ya nje!
Apostle Dr Patrice Ekeke-Yehuda

No comments:

Post a Comment